Transforming the patient experience
Celebrating the human side of care
Sometimes the smallest change can make the biggest difference to a patient’s time in hospital. What’s your bright idea to improve patient experience? Apply to the Crown Fund for up to £25,000 to make it happen.
We pride ourselves on funding projects that support King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust in delivering an excellent experience across our five sites, and championing the extraordinary care Team King’s provides.
This year, the Crown Fund is looking for homegrown projects of up to £25,000 that put patients and their loved ones at the heart of initiatives designed to enhance services, improve the hospital environment, and support wellbeing.
We are looking for projects that:
- Make a difference to patients, families, or other service users experiences at King’s;
- Have a direct impact on patients, services users and their families;
- Are above and beyond what the NHS provides as its core normal function;
- Have insufficient access to significant Designated Funds;
- Meet our general grant-making policies.
We will favour projects that:
- Carry potential impact across more than one ward, speciality, or hospital site;
- Include an element of staff fundraising or other contribution;
- Include a plan to evidence or measure benefit;
- Involve patients and families in design.
Projects from across all King’s College Hospital Foundation Trust sites are eligible. We welcome applications that involve nurses, allied health professionals, multi-disciplinary clinical teams and non-clinical services/staff.
Applications to the Crown Fund are now closed.
Thank you to everyone who applied. We look forward to announcing the winning projects in September 2021.